WHAT IS AMAZON FIRE STICK?
This is a device Dongle shaped, which can be connected to TV, supporting HDMI, to turn your TV into a SMART TV. So once Amazon Fire TV Stick is connected to your HDTV you can start streaming movies, TV shows, and songs from Amazon Prime Video, Hotstar, Netflix, Gaana and many more services and various other applications. It aims itself squarely at rivals such as Google Chromecast Ultra and Roku Streaming Stick, squeezing all of its streaming know-how into a dongle-sized device.
- Size – 3.4″ x 1.2″ x 0.5″ (85.9mm x 30.0 mm x 12.6 mm
- Weight – 32 g
- Processor – MediaTek Quad-Core ARM 1.3 GHz
- GPU – Mali450 MP4
- Storage – 8 Gb internal
- Memory – 1 GB
- Wifi connectivity – Dual-band, dual-antenna Wi-Fi supports 2×2 MIMO 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
- Bluetooth – Bluetooth 4.1
- Voice Support – Yes, with Voice remote (included) or free fire tv remote app
- Cloud storage – Free cloud storage for all Amazon content
- Ports – HDMI output, Micro-USB for power only
- Audio Support – Dolby Audio, 5.1 surround sound, 2ch stereo, and HDMI audio pass-through up to 7.1
- Content Formats Supported – Video: H.264 1080p30H.265 1080p30,
Audio: AAC-LC, HE-AACv1 (AAC+), HE-AACv2 (eAAC+), AC3 (Dolby Digital), eAC3 (Dolby Digital Plus), FLAC, MIDI, MP3, PCM/Wave, Vorbis, AMR-NB, AMR-WB
Photo: JPEG, PNG, GIF, BMP
- Output Resolution Supported – 720p and 1080p up to 60fps
- System Requirements – High-definition television with available HDMI input, Internet connection via Wi-Fi, a power outlet.
- TV Compatibility – Compatible with high-definition TVs with HDMI capable of 1080p or 720p at 60/50Hz, including popular HDCP-compatible models from Samsung, LG, Sony, Panasonic, Videocon, Onida, Micromax, Vu, BPL, and others.
- Included in the Box – Fire TV Stick, Voice Remote, USB cable and power adapter, HDMI extender and 2 x AAA batteries
PRICE TAG: 3999 INR
APP AND ACCESSORIES:
You can use the Amazon Fire TV Remote app for Android and iOS if you prefer to control the Fire TV Stick with your smartphone or tablet. It’s much simpler than the remote app used with Roku devices, mostly providing a touchpad for menu navigation, a handful of playback controls, a voice search function with your device’s microphone, and (most useful if you need to enter login information) an onscreen keyboard. It doesn’t offer private listening like the Roku app does, which streams audio through your smartphone or tablet so you can listen to what you’re watching with a set of headphones plugged into it. Since the Fire TV Stick supports Bluetooth, however, you can simply pair a set of Bluetooth headphones directly with the stick for a similar function.
Besides the voice remote, the Fire TV Stick comes with a short HDMI extender cable (handy if the HDMI ports on your television are recessed), a micro USB cable, a USB power adapter, and a pair of AAA batteries for the remote. It’s everything you need to start streaming media, short of the TV itself.
ALEXA AND VOICE SEARCH:
Any shortcomings in the Fire TV app store are made up for by the powerful voice assistant and search functions. By holding the Microphone button down on the remote, you can search for movies, shows, and apps simply by speaking into it
WHATS THE CATCH?
To stream unlimited movies or series you need a subscription to other channels such as NETFLIX, JIO Movies, HOTSTAR, AMAZON PRIME. Without subscription it’s nothing. So keep in mind that’s extra monthly cost.
- Faster and stable
- Worth priced
- Much improved interface
- Alexa (Voice search) well integrated.
- Comes with a separate remote.
- Huge content for entertainment: supports a range of India specific streaming apps like Hotstar, Eros Now, Gaana, etc. as well as prime videos.
- Aimed heavily at Prime users
- Need to buy further subscriptions of different channels
- Voice search needs an improvement, it always doesn’t hits the fish eye.
GO GET IT. It’s a budget video streamer and a better performer than Google chrome cast.