- Launched in June 2017 (in India)
- 7.25mm thickness + 155g
- 5.5″ HD display, 440ppi, 1920x1080p
- Oxygen OS based on Android Nougat 7.1.1
- Front Camera: 16MP +f/2.0 Aperture
Rear Camera: Dual Camera: 20MP telephoto lens with f/2.6 Aperture + 16MP wide angle lens with f/1.7 Aperture
- RAM: 6/8 GB option
- Internal memory: 64/128 GB options
- Color options: Midnight black and Slate Grey
- Battery: 3300mAh with Dash charge
- Supports Dual sim
- Ceramic Fingerprint sensor
LOOK AND FEEL:
- It has metal unibody designed and has a dual camera set-up at the back(similar to iPhone 7plus). The device feels premium in hand.
- Display: Good view even in sunlight + no strain on eyes even in low light
- Fingerprint sensor is undoubtedly more accurate than the previous flagship members
- 3.5mm headphone jack is intact, which is a plus point.
- USB 2.0 Type C port
- 64GB+6GB RAM model has slate gray option whereas the premium model 128GB+8GB RAM offers midnight black color
PERFORMANCE AND BATTERY:
- The device is superbly responsive with no lags even if you are using multiple apps at a time or playing high graphics games such as Airborne, Real racing 3 etc.
- No heating issues noticed
- The battery can stand for a day with one-time full charge + Dash charging facility is a great plus. It is capable of charging from 1% to 50% in 30 minutes
- The latest version OS includes reading mode, which utilizes an ambient sensor and gray-scale mapping to make reading as comfortable as reading an actual book. It also features a DO NOT DISTURB MODE while playing games and allows users to shut down unnecessary notifications while they are in a game.
All the hype from OnePlus in the run-up to this launch has surrounded the camera. The tagline ‘Dual Camera. Clearer Photos’ is plastered across the box, plus all of the marketing materials, but does it really improve on an already great camera in the OnePlus 3T?
One Plus 5 is company’s first smartphone that comes with dual lens set-up. No doubt it’s a great camera compared to previous flagship devices.
- If you’ve always been disappointed with the zoom on your phone camera you’ll likely be pleasantly surprised by what the OnePlus 5 is able to do
- Rear Camera comes with Portrait mode which allows to blur the background and brings out a beautiful picture
- PRO mode available where you adjust ISO, shutter speed, and Aperture as per your need
- A feature like a spirit level helps you to take perfectly horizontal photos
- Time lapse, slow motion, and panorama modes available
- As on previous OnePlus phones, you can also shoot in raw with the OnePlus 5, allowing you to tweak your photos further when you upload them to your computer.
WHY BUY OnePlus 5?
- Ample RAM, faster processor
- Cameras take superb picture
- Good battery life
- Much Cheaper than iPhone 7 Plus