Quick Capture of Honor 9i:
- Price: 17999
- 156.19 x 75 x 7.5 mm
- Screen: 65.9 inches, 1080 x 2160 px display
- RAM: 4 GB options
- Internal memory: 64GB
- Camera: Rear: 16MP dual camera
Front: 13MP dual camera
- OS: Android, v7.1
- Processor: Octa Core, 2.36 GHz Processor
- Battery: 3340mAh
- Dual Sim, VoLTE, 4G, 3G, Wi-Fi, NFC
- MicroSD card option available(Hybrid)
Bezel-less phones have been a rage nowadays. Hence honor, the sub-brand of Huawei, showcased the Honor 9i similar to the competition. Though not the best phones under the sub 20K category, it comes with some unique feature which is not available in the market such as it sports 4 cameras, 2 front dual and 2 rear dual cameras. Coupled this with some really interesting specs sheet and a sleek design, the Honor 9i seems is projected to be a perfect option for those who are looking to buy a new smartphone with the latest display and upgraded camera without spending tons of money on it. In that sense, the Honor 9i is a wholly unique proposition. No smartphone in this price range (or even higher up the price ladder) can boast of offering such a distinctive hardware combination. The smartphone comes with a price tag of Rs 17,999 and it is exclusively available on Flipkart.
Look and feel:
The look and feel of the Honor 9i are quite premium, with the phone looking and feeling several times more expensive than it is. The phone may not look as intriguing as it does in the promotion, but the aluminum chassis complete with the matte finish gives it a far more premium look and feel than its peers. The quality of materials used is top notch and the matte black version we reviewed looks quite appealing. If you are one of those who fancy huge display but doesn’t want a big smartphone, then this one is meant for you. The big display means that the metal earpiece, sensors, and front cameras have been pushed right to the upper edge. The fingerprint scanner is at the back and you get a clean front face without any logo. The dual camera module on the back protrudes by a couple of millimeters but has a metal rim surrounding it, which should help prevent scratches. The Honor 9i has a Micro-USB port for charging and data transfers, with a 3.5mm headphone jack and the loudspeaker on either side.
Overall, we were impressed with the design that has good hand feel and is easier to operate with one hand
Performance and Battery:
- Honor 9i is powered by a 2.36 GHz Octa-core Kirin 659 processor coupled with 4GB RAM. The Kirin 659 processor used here is comparable to Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 processor in terms of performance.
- Storage expansion supported up to 256GB through microSD card. Though its a hybrid slot i.e one can either use dual sim feature or microSD extension but not both the feature simultaneously
- 3340mAh battery will support you for approx a day with the full charge with moderate usage. But by the end of the day, you need to juice it up. Interestingly, EMUI 5.1 also gives an option to close power-intensive apps to prolong the battery performance and one can also lower the resolution to save more battery.
- No Quick charging supported
- It supports Hybrid Dual SIM, 4G LTE with VoLTE, WiFi (802.11 b/g/n), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS/A-GPS, NFC.
- Performed decent and handled the high graphics games and process demanding apps with ease but little heat at the back of the phone was noticed. But expect a huge drain on battery after heavy use.
- 4 GB handled the multitasking job quite decently but if you push to extreme you might experience choppiness
Push the Honor 9 a little and you experience lags and choppiness.
Camera: Two cameras? Three cameras? That’s passe. Four cameras are what is in these days. At least that is what Honor would like you to believe. Now you can not only shoot bokeh shots of your food but also shoot nice and crisp bokeh images of your own pretty face.The Honor 9i has a dual camera system on the front as well as on the back, which is how Huawei got the ‘World’s first phone with four cameras’ rhetoric. The thing is, though, only two of those actually take pictures and the other two are depth sensors for the background blur effect.
It does the balance between cost and features. you get fingerprint scanner, 1080p display, 4 cameras, the processor is good enough for most people’s daily grinds, and the software is easy to use. However, nothing is perfect and hence there is a lot of area of improvements such as camera and battery performance. So if you want looks over performance then this phone is for you otherwise we have much better options in this price range.